Taylor Recreation Center
The Taylor Recreation Center is open for business
To allow proper time to sanitize the facility the new hours are:
Mondays-Fridays 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday noon to 5.
In addition, reservations are required. We can safely accommodate the following:
Cardio Room - 6 patrons
Weight Room -10 patrons
Spin Studio - 13 patrons
Walking Track - 8 patrons
With these numbers in mind it is imperative that members call to book their time in advance. We will be booking times on the hour. The Recreation Center phone number is (734) 374-8900 Option 2. Walk-ins may be permitted if a time slot is available.
If you or any member of your party are ill, or have any symptoms related to the COVID-19 virus, do not come to the recreation center. All persons entering our facility should perform a self-health assessment before entering. If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath we ask that you do not enter.
Please take note of the following key changes, all of which have been put in place for the protection of customers and staff at the facility (SEE LETTER TO MEMBERS):
- Face masks are REQUIRED to enter our facility and MUST be worn at all times
- Social distancing guidelines will limit the number of people entering the facility at one time
- All members who have monthly or yearly membership will be issued a membership card. With this card you will need to scan in and out of the facility
- For patrons who utilize day passes or classes you must have an account in our system and will be checked in by our front desk staff
- The locker rooms will be open, with modifications
- Showers may be used as long as proper distancing can be maintained
- Saunas must be reserved in hour time slots. one member at a time.
- All restrooms will be sanitized every two hours and hand soap will be fully stocked
- All members will have access to disinfectant and towels and must wipe down equipment before and after use
- Batting cages can be used by individuals and for one on one instructor sessions. Team practices are suspended until the current restrictions are lifted.
Fitness Programs Resume
With the new order by the Michigan Department of Health we can resume our fitness classes.
Class size limits
- Masks must be worn at all times
- For youth classes parents of children over the age of five may drop them off, but must wait in their vehicle for the class to end, to avoid congestion in the hallways and common areas.
Our revised class schedules are as follows:
Zumba Classes Resume Monday, January 17
- Zumba Gold: Monday at 9 a.m. and Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- Zumba: Monday-Friday at 7 p.m.
Tiny Tumblers Gymnastics (limited spots available) Tuesdays (February 2-March 23)
- Tiny 2s & 3s - 4:15 p.m.-4:45 p.m.
- Fantastic 4s & 5s – 5 p.m.-5:55 p.m.
Fridays (February 5-March 26)
- Super 6s & 7s - 5:15-6:10 p.m.
Yellow Tigers Karate (limited spots available)
- Beginners (white belts and yellow belts)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 5:45-6:30 p.m.
- Intermediate/ advanced class same days from 6:35-7:30 p.m.
These changes are being implemented to comply with CDC Contact Tracing measures. If you have specific questions or concerns, please speak to the supervisor on duty or email our Parks and Recreation Manager Crystal Kermans-Ditzhazy at firstname.lastname@example.org.