History

Taylor has a long history of library service to the community.

In 1922, the Wayne County Bookmobile visited Taylor regularly. By 1929, the Taylor Center branch of the Wayne County Library opened in a small building. A larger building was necessary by 1953.

Library service expanded with the opening of Library 1 on Goddard Road, and in 1968, Library 2 at Wick and Mortenview. The Libraries were renamed "Alexander Papp Library" branch and "Richard J. Trolley Library" to honor those instrumental in their construction.

Plans were drafted in 1983 to combine the two smaller libraries into a single Library; the present day Taylor Community Library opened its doors in 1985.
  1. Mon Sep. 25

  2. Tue Sep. 26

  3. Tue Sep. 26

View All